I am thrilled to announce that Angela Hartley, a renowned cardiac nurse and cardiac rehab expert, has joined me on the podcast of The Heart Warrior Project as our first health professional to answer questions, that you - the listeners - sent in on the topic of cardiac rehab for sudden cardiac arrest survivors.
As someone who has dedicated her life to helping those who have suffered heart attacks, heart surgery, or sudden cardiac arrest, Angela knows firsthand how overwhelming and scary it can feel to get back on track.
Through her work with Healthy Hearties, her website where she offers cardiac rehab programs, Angela has empowered countless people with the knowledge, confidence, and tools they need to get their energy and life back on track.
Timestamps of this episode:
- Intro 00:00 - 02:37
- What Angela does 02:37 - 04:09
- How Angela got interested in becoming a cardiac rehab expert 04:09 - 08:34
- Q&A with Angela Hartley 08:34 - 09:10
- Can exercise improve fatigue? 09:10 - 19:45
- Why do some get referred to cardiac rehab and others don't? 19:45 - 25:06
- Support The Heart Warrior Project 25:06 - 26:50
- Exercises to do at home 26:50 - 30:56
- Is there ever a case where cardiac rehab wouldn’t be helpful for someone? 30:56 - 37:17
- How does medication make it difficult for some during rehabilitation or exercise in general? 37:17 - 45:57
- When are you done with rehabilitation? 45:57 - 50:33
- Last words of Angela to sudden cardiac arrest survivors 50:33 - 52:10
- Outro 52:10 - 52:52
- Support The Heart Warrior Project 52:52 - 53:54
Note that The Heart Warrior Project is run by one guy, which is, yes, me.
Like most people, I have bills to pay.
If you have found or come to find anything helpful or insightful here on the website, please consider supporting The Heart Warrior Project.
If you are a survivor, I would recommend buying either a Heart Warrior t-shirt or a Heart Warrior mug—or both!
I, together with an illustrator, created the design for them (and we’re working on more cool designs to come).
Both the t-shirt and the mug are made from durable and quality materials, and don’t they look just great?! Of course, these are just suggestions, but I do not think you will regret having them.
I personally love wearing the t-shirt myself. And I drink my coffee every day out of my Heart Warrior mug.
If the t-shirt or mug doesn’t speak to you, there are a few other ways to support The Heart Warrior Project:
- DONATIONS: The project accepts donations. Anything, even as little as 1 dollar, can help me keep this project alive.
- AFFILIATE LINKS: If there are any links to a product mentioned in an article or podcast episode and you are interested in buying it, consider doing so through the provided link. Likely, it will be an affiliate link. What is an affiliate link, you ask? Basically, it is a link where I could earn a small commission if someone buys the product through that link. Buying through this link will not cost you anything extra.
- SPREAD THE WORD: If you like what I am doing here, you could always simply spread the word about this project to anyone you think might benefit. It would help a lot.
Choosing any of these ways to support this project will truly help me a lot in putting out more content and building The Heart Warrior Project further.